Coaches at national teams have been dismissed in Italy following the collapse of the World Cup team.
Dolce was dismissed by the national team following a series of disappointing results in the World Cups, and he has admitted that he was not the only coach fired this year.
“I’ve been sacked.
That’s it,” Dolce told a news conference.
“The Italian Football Federation has decided to sack me.
I had to make that decision, and I was not a candidate for the coach position.”
Italy coach Domingo Simeone was sacked by the team on Tuesday following a disappointing World Cup campaign.
Former Italy coach Giovanni Trapattoni was also sacked by his national team this year following a poor start to the tournament.
Italy is currently in Group B of the FIFA World Cup.
Trapattoni also left the squad on Monday, with the team announcing that he would not return to the squad.
He had previously said that he wanted to be part of the team that would win the World Series, but he was ultimately unable to do so.
Simeone’s successor, Federico Mancini, has also left Italy, with both men confirming their departures on Monday.
The coach of the squad that lost to Germany in the last World Cup is Alessandro Del Piero, who also coached the Italy team that lost in the first place to England in 2014.
Del Piero’s successor is Simone Inzaghi, who was Italy’s coach for a second consecutive World Cup in 2019.
Alessandro Del Maro is expected to be Italy’s new coach after Giovanni Trapatti’s departure.
Italian newspaper Il Foglio said Del Maros appointment would be announced at a press conference on Tuesday.
Earlier, Trapattoli had said he would be returning to Italy, as he was considering taking his job elsewhere.
Follow the Independent Sport on Instagram here, for all of the best images, videos and stories from around the sporting world.
Find us on Facebook at Instagram: @IndependentSport, @BBCNewsbeat, and @UEFAcomedy